LS;DR — I think the killer isn’t a lot of people. I think it’s prob Pete. I think the killer is prob the bathtub baby. I think if the killer isn’t the bathtub twin, then maybe maybe maybe the killer is Gigi’s child and the bathtub baby is a Kappa (likely Chanel). I think there are a number of weird unanswered mysteries on the show. See below for more info on all of that.
PART ONE - THE KILLER’S IDENTITY:
So before I get into who I think the killer is, I just wanted to knock out some big observations:
THE KILLER IS A “MAIN” CHARACTER
by which I mean that, basically, the killer is someone who was at the Thanksgiving dinner table. It’s not someone like Melanie or Chanel #4, etc… I really don’t think the show’s creators would go for such an easy out. The fun of the “reveal” when we finally see it will certainly rely on finding out that one of the characters we’ve been following this whole time is, in fact, the killer.
2) THE KILLER IS NOT “FAKING” DEAD
by which I mean it is not someone who we believe has already died (i.e. Earl Grey, Candle Vlogger, Chanel #2, Deaf T-Swift, etc). In addition to my reasoning for the point above, I also think it would be weird and really not clever to do that twice (re: with Boone and then once again).
3) HERE’S A LIST OF WHO IS NOT THE KILLER AND WHY:
• Chanel (she talked to dead #2, said #2 knew she wasn’t the killer and asked why #2 tried to frame her…)
• Dean Munsch (was attacked by all three people)
• Grace (confronted Gigi)
• Chanel #3 (surprised Boone was alive, plus in the ep when Sam dies we hear her inner monologue… would be super weird if she was the killer but had thoughts about not being the killer?)
• Zayday (couldn’t be the twin and had no plans to join Kappa before meeting Grace)
• Denise (isn't the twin, surprised at Shondell's murder, was attacked by Devil in the bathroom when no one else was watching)
• Chanel #5 (she was attacked by the killer when no one was around… truly no reason to fake/stage that moment)
• Wes (had no idea who Gigi was, didn’t know her plan, didn’t know he was the father of twins…)
• Chad (surprised to see Boone, was at home when Gigi was killed…)
So, in my opinion, that really just leaves Hester and Pete.
4) THE KILLER IS LIKELY THE BATHTUB BABY
Though, yes, Grace is the “sibling” of the bathtub babies, she’s not the killer (see above) and isn’t the one Gigi is talking to when Boone dies.
In the scene when Boone dies, only two lines are spoken the reference the other devil. Boone talks about HIS upbringing, and then finally says “WE’RE grown up” and, obviously, Gigi says to the devil “your brother”.
In the Thanksgiving ep, Gigi tells the devil “the closest thing I have to family is you.”
I think these lines are maybe hints about the killer’s gender (never referred to) and relationship to Boone (the would “sibiling” is much more vague than “twin).
THEREFORE, I think it’s MAYBE possible that the killer isn’t the bathtub twin, but rather…. Gigi’s child! And maybe Chanel is the twin.
I posit this because this ending would make sense if either Hester or Pete were the killer. If it’s Pete, then this would explain why he was obsessed with Chanel and tried to kill Melanie. If it’s Hester, this explains he desire to be a Kappa “sister” why she said in the Thanksgiving ep “all I ever wanted was to be your sister”.
However, I just think it’s doesn’t quite make sense. Why would Gigi tell her own child “you’re the closest thing I have to family” instead of just saying “you are my family”?
So now let’s walk through Hester and Pete:
I don’t have a lot of evidence here except for her being a crazy female, re: bathtub baby. Also, being obsessed with Chanel and with death.
I’m going to posit some reasons why it might no be here (“devil’s advocate” if you will, pun intended)
a) why take Chad to see the bodies? She seemed pretty genuinely surprised to see them there (she could be pretending, I guess)
b) she talked about her parents (again, could be lying)
c) Why would she lie about her age (she would be 20, not 18) instead of infiltrating Kappa earlier, like Boone with the Dickie Scholars?
Obviously I can’t quite explain the “how” part here, since the bathtub baby is supposedly a girl. I guess the Trans-Pete theory makes the most sense but honestly I think we’re gonna get some other twist that explains it all.
Pete is the most likely killer just because there is the most evidence in favor of this:
a) his height (the killer is kind of tall… yeah they could be wearing heels or something but seems unlikely)
b) his weird connections (a friend in the morgue? a friend who runs DNA tests?)
c) why he was looking at the Kappa security footage
d) why he is keeping Grace and her crew (Zayday and Dad) alive (although Boone was the one who kidnapped Zayday…)
e) not been attacked very often
f) explains who killed Mandy (althought maybe Gigi or Boone was following them and killed Mandy?)
g) we know nothing about his upbringing
h) kind of joking here, but it explains who killed Coney (because he was the other, maybe “rival” mascot)
i) explains who turned on the fryer at the Kappa house
THE ONLY EVIDENCE AGAINST PETE AS THE KILLER is that he was attacked in Dean Munch's office... but was he? I haven't been able to revisit the ep, but do we actually see him get attacked or does the scene cut away before it happens? If we don't see the moment, I think that's verrrryyyyy suspicious.
So I think it’s probably Pete, and maybe (unlikely but) maybe he’s Gigi’s child.
ON TO THE NEXT PART: I think that something no one is talking about are the number of unanswered questions about OTHER MYSTERIES on the show. If we can solve them, I actually think we’ll be able to put the motives behind the killers together
PART TWO - UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
1. How is it possible that Dean Munch and Wes don’t recognize/remember Gigi from her days at Kappa?
2. Why did Chanel lie about being attacked by the Red Devil if she’s not the killer? (If you remember, in one of the first eps, Chanels tells everyone about being attacked, and we see her story play out, but didn’t actually see the attack happen)
3. What is the significance of Chanel #5’s line: “I only got into Kappa because I was a legacy”? Was her mom involved with the killing?
4. Why did Sam say to the killer “I knew it was you”? I’m not sure this line would make sense if Pete is the killer or if Boone killed her (although maybe Gigi killed her? In that case, would the line make sense? Maybe?)
5. If not Pete, who else could've turned on the fryer? (Re: who would've known what Chanel's plan was?)
Basically, I think there is one question about all else that is the true mystery of the show:
6. Why are the killers murdering all the people they’ve killed? Why kill new pledges and so many Dickie Dollar Scholars? The only Chanel killed by the devil(s) is #2. Why keep all the Chanels alive? Why kill so many people who aren’t Kappas (the boys, Shondell, the trucker, Coney)?
SLIGHT SPOILER HERE FOR THE FINALE SO STOP READING THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS:
There is a photo from the set of the finale that shows all the Chanels in prison— so my theory is that the killer is trying to frame the Chanels for the murder of all the people?
Thanks for reading this. Please challenge any of my points and try to answer these questions/mysteries above!